Looking for something different to do this summer? If you have not already been, going to a wine vineyard or a winery is a great way to enjoy some beautiful scenery, taste some delicious wine and make some fun memories with family, friends and loved ones! Southern New England has always been known for its stunning views and places to visit, but it also has some of the best and prettiest vineyards and wineries around!
Check out a few of our favorite vineyards for you to throw on your bucket list and visit this summer:
- Carolyn’s Sakonnet Vineyard, Little Compton, Rhode Island. This vineyard was founded in 1975 and is made up of 150 acres of land, with 30 acres producing their delicious wines for over four decades!
- Fulchino Vineyard, Hollis, New Hampshire. At Fulchino Vineyard, you can enjoy a delicious selection of wine, cheeses, meats, crackers and chocolates, while enjoying the beautiful grounds!
- Newport Vineyards, Middletown, Rhode Island. The Newport Vineyards started producing its fine wines back in 1977 and has grown tremendously ever since. Now, the vineyards are a total of 60 acres and is extremely popular for Rhode Island residents as well as visitors of the small state.
- Southern CT Wine Co., Killingworth, Connecticut. Southern CT Wine Co. is known for its handcrafted wine blends with batches of grapes from all over the world. Here, you can sit back and relax while enjoying wine by the bottle or flights!
- Travessia Winery, New Bedford, Massachusetts. Travessia has a wonderful selection of wines that are directly reflected off of the soils and micro-climates from which the grapes they use are grown. If you are looking for a unique urban twist, head to Travessia!
- Zorvino Vineyard, Sandown, New Hampshire. Zorvino Vineyard is located on 80 stunning acres in the middle of a forest in New Hampshire. To create their wines, the vineyard uses local New England grapes that are tended on their own property.